4th of july

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The First "Trip"

This morning I had to take my sweet baby boy to the ER because of a very high temperature. He has had a fever of 100-102 for the past 3 days but the Pediatrician said viruses could take 4-5 days to pass so we have been treating with Motrin and Tylenol. This morning when he got up he was not a very happy baby at all and he was BURNING UP to the touch. I took his temperature 3 times and all 3 reading were in the 105 range. I knew this was entirely too hot for a baby so I decided to take him to the ER immediately instead of waiting 3 hours for the Dr office to open. Turns out everything is OK, thank God!!! They did a chest x-ray and a urine sample for further testing, and both came back clear. We are home now and Brock's temperature has been normal for the past 8 hours. He has slept a lot today and not had much of an appetite but I am hoping we are on the down hill of this nasty "virus". Whatever that word means....

I got my new camera today so I will be putting up some pictures as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Grand Entrance



16 weeks

20 weeks

28 weeks 3-D


bungo

Us

My photo
Joe and I met in the summer of 2005, got engaged in early 2007, and married September 1, 2007. We are very fortunate and live in a gorgeous home in Cedar Park that is perfect for our growing family. Joe works as an Engineer for ARM and travels around the world giving lectures and demos to University students and faculty. I work part-time as an Account Executive for Dahill, which is a Xerox company. Joe and I love to travel and spend time with our friends and family. We enjoy watching UT Football, boating on Lake Travis, and enjoying everything that beautiful Austin Texas has to offer. In Late September 2008 we got fabulous news that we were expecting a baby in May. Here is the story of our new life with our baby boy Brock.




Followers