4th of july

Sunday, July 26, 2009

2 Months

                                     Hook 'em

What a whirlwind 2 weeks it has been!  Last Monday was my first day back at work and as you can imagine it came with a sea of emotions.  Sunday I was a mess.  I was very emotional and had a bit of a break down to Joe.  He assured me everything was going to be OK and Monday actually went better than expected. Joe kept Brock the 3 days that I worked last week since he was off of work for the entire week.  This gave Brock and Joe time to bond which I am very happy for. Joe did great of course and didn't even act frustrated when I called every hour to check on things.  :-)   
Joe is gone this week to Brazil and Argentina for work so it was good that they got to spend some extra time together.  Being home without him is a real shock!  I am missing him like crazy of course, but am so busy I don't have time to think about it too much.  This week is the first week that MiMaw (Joe's Mom) and Nana (My Mom) watched Brock for a whole day while I was at work.  They are both so good with him, I am so lucky to have them helping us out and for Brock getting to spend time with them every week.  I was very close to both sets of my grandparents growing up, and am happy Brock will have the same.  
Brock went for his 2 Month well check last Monday.  He weighed 12 lbs. 14 oz. and was 23 1/4 in. long.  His Dr is very happy with his weight gain and growth and told us that he is in the 75th percentile for weight and 60th percentile for height.  While we were there Brock had to get his first round of shots.  This broke my heart and was horrible to see him scream in so much pain.  He recovered very well of course, only had a slight fever as a result,  and slept a lot for the remainder of the day.  The Dr examined Brock and was a bit concerned about his horse sounding cry.  I had noticed it as well but always thought it was just his cry since it has sounded like that since he was just a week or two old.  We got to talking about some other of his behaviors, unexplained fussiness, grunting, and spitting up frequently, and came to the conclusion that he was probably experiencing acid reflux.  She gave us a prescription for Zantac and Brock has responded very well to the medication already.  His unexplained fussy spells are much fewer and further between, his grunting and irritability seem to be gone, his spitting up has been significantly decreased and his cry sounds less horse.  I am sorry that he had to suffer while I didn't know what was wrong, but am happy that he is showing all the signs that he is feeling much better.  
I have saved the biggest news for last..... First Brock is smiling all the time and has starting to laugh.  It is the sweetest thing I have ever seen and heard in my life and it makes my heart just melt every time he does it.  Also, Brock is sleeping through the night!!!!  Well at least 9o% of the time anyway.  He goes to bed around 9pm and gets up between 4-6am.  This works prefect because it allows me to feed him before I go to work.  He usually goes back to sleep for about 3 hours after his early morning feeding, which is nice for getting to sleep in a bit on my days off and the weekends.  :-) 
I hope all is well with everyone.  Sending you all of our love,

Joe, Emily and Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment


Grand Entrance



16 weeks

20 weeks

28 weeks 3-D


bungo

Us

My photo
Joe and I met in the summer of 2005, got engaged in early 2007, and married September 1, 2007. We are very fortunate and live in a gorgeous home in Cedar Park that is perfect for our growing family. Joe works as an Engineer for ARM and travels around the world giving lectures and demos to University students and faculty. I work part-time as an Account Executive for Dahill, which is a Xerox company. Joe and I love to travel and spend time with our friends and family. We enjoy watching UT Football, boating on Lake Travis, and enjoying everything that beautiful Austin Texas has to offer. In Late September 2008 we got fabulous news that we were expecting a baby in May. Here is the story of our new life with our baby boy Brock.




Followers